A trading partnership is an alternative if at least two natural persons or legal entities wish to start a business togetherThere is no requirement to invest capitalalthough the partners are personallyjointly and severally liable for the company’s debts. 

Company registration 

1) Register with the Swedish Companies Registration Office 

partnership must always be registered with the Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket). Following registration, the company is allocated a corporate identity number and receives protection for its business name. The company has exclusive rights to the name in the county in which it is based. It is possible to protect the name in other counties by making additional registrations with the Swedish Companies Registration Office. 

2) Apply for F-tax and VAT registration 

The company must then register with the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). The company need to apply for F-tax and VAT registration and, if relevant, register as an employer. 

As a partner you must complete a preliminary VAT and PAYE return (self assessment). Based on this self-tax assessment, the Swedish Tax Agency decides on your preliminary A tax (special A tax). 

3) Other permits 

There might be other permits or registrations that you need to consider when starting your business. 

In our service Find permits you can find permits by category or in our list from A to Ö. You  can also find information on permits and registrations which are specific for a certain profession. 

Do you have a Swedish identity number? 

If you have a Swedish identity number and e-identification (e-legitimation in Swedish) you can use our e-services on verksamt.se (Mina sidor) for company registration. However, these are only available in Swedish. 
Call +4635175570  or email jorgen@rkjh.se.  www.rkjh.se