18. Don’t give up! The key to success is to persevere. Every leader knows that giving up is not an option, even though it is wise to know how to quit intelligently. What about you? What do you do to be a good leader?
17. Team up Strengthen the team’s unity by doing activities to change daily routine, for instance, cultural acts, team buildings, or meetings outside the office.
16. Don’t be afraid Mistakes make you learn. Don’t be afraid of possible mistakes because of wrong decision making.
15. Pinpoint “motivators” They are those who work enthusiastically and pass it on to the rest of the team. Make the professional development of these people a priority.
14. Ask Ask people what it is that motivates them and also the things that discourage them. Work on taking the discouraging aspects out of the equation and focus on that which encourages them.
13. Demand A good leadership is demanding, step away from mediocrity. True motivation only appears by overcoming difficulties.
12. Congratulate and don’t point the finger Avoid pointing the finger to a specific person when there are mistakes, on the contrary, try to emphasize good performance whenever it happens. Positive feedback is fundamental to keep motivation and strengthen leadership.
11. Report problems For that very reason, you must report problems. Working together, the situation will be faced more efficiently and finding solutions and alternatives will be easier.
10. Be transparent Share information. Your team must know the circumstances which have an effect on the project they are part of.
9. Get your team involved Ask them how they are helping each other. Encourage them to improve.
8. Trust and delegate Trust your team and delegate tasks. You will find that things can be done in many different ways and you will encourage creativity.
7. Reward your team There are many ways of rewarding good performance and the achieving of important goals. The team will see it as an incentive to keep moving on the right direction.
6. Celebrate small achievements No matter how small the triumph you and your team achieved; it will be a great source of motivation.
5. Appeal to values Find out what’s important for your team and turn it into a driving force for motivation.
4. Recruit positive people Same as you must avoid unhealthy relationships, be sure to open the door to those that provide motivation and satisfaction to the team.
3. Push away the negative Drive negative people away from your team. Reject those ideas that bring the team’s spirits down.
´2. Think of the rest Care about people, make them know you count on them and you want the best for your team.
Get inspired True motivation is inside oneself. Find what it is that inspires you, visualize your goals. If we are not motivated, we won’t be able to lead our team.